3855 N Cicero Ave,, 60641, Chicago, IL
9 to 5
July 25, 2018
Sell property, casualty, life, health, and automotive, or other types of insurance. Work as independent business owner.
- Attend meetings, seminars and programs to learn about new products and services, learn new skills, and receive technical assistance in developing new accounts.
- Call on policyholders to deliver and explain policy, to analyze insurance program and suggest additions or changes, or to change beneficiaries.
- Contact underwriter and submit forms to obtain binder coverage.
- Customize insurance programs to suit individual customers, often covering a variety of risks.
- Develop marketing strategies to compete with other individuals or companies who sell insurance.
- Ensure those policy requirements are fulfilled, including any necessary medical examinations and the completion of appropriate forms.
- Explain features, advantages and disadvantages of various policies to promote sale of insurance plans.
- Interview prospective clients to obtain data about their financial resources and needs, the physical condition of the person or property to be insured, and to discuss any existing coverage.
- Plan and oversee incorporation of insurance program into bookkeeping system of company.
- Seek out new clients and develop clientele by networking to find new customers and generate lists of prospective clients.
- Select company that offers type of coverage requested by client to underwrite policy.
- Sell various types of insurance policies to businesses and individuals on behalf of insurance companies, including automobile, fire, life, property, and commercial insurance.