- Project Management
- Time Manage
- Customer Service
- Solving Problems Creatively
- Agile/Scrum development process
- MS Office
- Attention to detail
- Cyber Security
- wireless technologies
Pied Piper Group
Lombard, United States
Pied Piper Group informs, educates, and, helps anyone from any walk of life achieve financial freedom.
Pied Piper Group provides a multitude of services to assist clients with all of their financing, insurance, real estate, development, and investment needs. From crunching numbers to finding out more information about owning your first home, Pied Piper Group is here to help every step of the way. Above all, our vision is to build up an organization that can come full circle and truly assists clients with all of their personal and professional needs. Moreover, this is achieved through offering the guidance and resources necessary to help achieve financial sustainability, growth, and independence. Our commitment to our culture is demonstrated every day through the Pied Piper Group Way. By joining Pied Piper Group you will build a community of inclusive relationships, take proactive ownership, embrace others’ perspectives, and have an uncompromising dedication to excellence.
The Managing Principal IT Consultant serves as the domain expert on both the surety industry and our enterprise surety product suite. They offer expertise, resources, and guidance to help the success of the organization. The Managing Principal IT Consultant specializes in a variety of sectors such as information technology, project management, and finance. Responsibilities include working directly with clients to determine needs and expectations, identifying critical aspects of the project that must be included, developing the solution, and helping to implement the plan into their operations. They will guide our staff through every detail of the project, ensure deadlines are met within budget, deliver a smooth transition for our client, and evaluate the effectiveness of the changes over time.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Experience with business process analysis and enterprise resource planning
- Demonstrated product knowledge and business acumen
- Solid critical thinking and professionalism skills
- Experience with software and systems such as C, C#, templating, and email
- Experience with user centered design, systems development, and business case development.
- Ability to combine both business and technical skills
- Knowledge of emerging trends in IT industry, digital technology adoption and associated business drivers
- Intellectual curiosity and desire to keep up to date with the development of cutting-edge technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and adapt to new technologies.
- Experience in Agile methodologies
- Excellent analytical skills with an attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast paced, fluid environment
- Strong experience interacting with clients and business partners
- Ability to work in an environment that fosters innovation, collaboration, quality, and risk taking
- Ability to adapt quickly to new technology and trends in the field
- Serves as a domain expert on both the surety industry and our enterprise surety product suite.
- Applies past experiences and practices to formulate client facing workshops, produces client facing process flows and narrative regarding implementation approaches, and successfully elicits requirements to establish implementation patterns for clients.
- Maintains high value interactions with clients.
- Provides value as a super subject matter expert (SME) by problem solving with real implementation patterns within our software, associated supported business process recommendations and documentation for client paid enhancements when applicable.
- Identifies and contacts potential clients for new business engagements.
- Builds strong relationship with existing clients for repeat business.
- Maintains frequent client communication, makes regular client visits, and ensures client satisfaction.
- Conducts meetings with clients and management to determine project scope, budget, and timelines.
- Develops business proposals, SOWs, and other reports when necessary.
- Negotiates project terms and conditions with clients as needed.
- Implements product development initiatives to meet future client needs.
- Identifies project risks and challenges and develops resolution plans.
- Schedules regular client meetings, processes client invoices, and reviews engagement letters.
- Provides project training to clients as needed.
- Identifies business opportunities and converts said opportunities into projects.
- Plans and manages multiple projects effectively.
- Identifies potential customers through networking, referrals, and communities.
- Tracks project progress and identifies and corrects any delays.
- Reports project status to clients on a regular basis.
- Provides support in developing function and technical specifications.
- Serves as a trusted technical expert to analysts, engineers, leadership members, and other staff.
- Works collaboratively with other leaders/managers in the organization to ensure adequate support of our client contracts: skills and qualifications, staff availability, etc.
- Makes wise decisions quickly, despite ambiguity, and helps others to do the same.
- Takes personal accountability for work and actions and holds team members accountable for theirs.
- Mentors and provides leadership to other team members.
- Conducts employee performance evaluations of Senior Project Managers and Project Managers.
- Oversees staff development (e.g., project management skills, technical capabilities).
- Conducts overall organization and business unit performance goals, project performance measures, billability measures, and individual performance measures (e.g., productivity, quality of work, attitude, professionalism) as set by the organization and specified in the Annual Development Plan and the Employee Performance Evaluation.
- Grows revenues, maintains and/or diversifies the business unit, and develops opportunities for growth and new business units.
- Contributes to development of strategic vision, mission, and strategies of the business unit.
- Quantifies needs and secures staff and related resource requirements for business unit.
- Supports recruiting, interviewing, and training activities for new hires.
- Oversees and leads research, analysis, and modeling efforts.
- Manages projects and monitors progress against milestones and budgets.
- Ensures adherence to high standards in research methods, statistical and modeling approaches, and work products.
- Oversees the development of technical products and services for the business unit.
- Reviews deliverables and provides appropriate feedback to maintain high quality standards.
- Other duties as assigned.